Saturday, February 20, 2016
Nichols Photo Lab
3265 South 1100 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84106
10:00am to 2:00pm
FREE for all registered members
$25 for Non-IPPA Members (Includes a FREE 6 month Associate membership)
This is the first in our IPPA Mentor programs on Print Competition. Kris Doman, Jamie Broderick and Kent Shelton will help get you on the path to print competition glory as they teach you the ins and outs of preparing your prints for competition.
Topics they will cover in this first episode of the series;
1. Why should you enter print competition.
2. Choosing the right images.
3. Shooting with competition in mind.
4. What are the judges looking for.
5. 12 Elements of a merit image.
6. Naming your entries.
7. What are the print competition rules.
8. Formatting and uploading your images.
9. What are the different levels of print competition.
10. How do I watch my prints being judged.
11. Learning something from my results.
12. Why should I continue to compete after I complete my Masters Degree?
If you are looking to get started in competition don’t miss this class. Watch as these Mentors take a few of their past loan images from the concept to the final product. Nichols Photo Lab is providing lunch for all the attendees!!!! Bring your own images and sit down one on one with a mentor to have them help you with your print case.